I am happy to announce that I have released my first eBook (available as a slideshare and as a downloadable PDF).
It is the first volume in The Brant Cave series and is called Tales from The Brant Cave.
It features insights from my highly successful Social Business Mentor blog.
Enjoy the 163 pages of Social Business, Social Media, Social Networking, and Social Marketing goodness.
Season Greetings from Brantford
The @RLavigne42 Tweet Round-Up
- Looking forward to start working on helping out a kickstarter project this week. Challenging myself to editing… http://t.co/Hunnm7ur
22:03 PM Dec 5th from Facebook
- My week on twitter: 15 retweets received, 3 new listings, 20 mentions. Via: http://t.co/CfMY4PeO
10:14 AM Dec 6th from TwentyFeet
- Going to be a long cold winter (@ #TDGv Studios West) [pic]: http://t.co/wedIq5jq
12:11 PM Dec 6th from foursquare
- Woke up to snow on the car. Another reason to set up shop on a higher floor. Starting to get really cold in the studio (basement).
12:25 PM Dec 6th from Facebook
- The @RLavigne42 Tweet Round-Up is out! http://t.co/iS2LjMaS ▸ Top stories today via @hipurbangirl
12:31 PM Dec 6th from Paper.li
- RT @TDGv: See what’s trending for @TDGv. Trending Now ▸ #brants #video #brantford #socialmedia and more http://t.co/cDFnkafP via @RLavigne42 #TDGv
1:52 AM Dec 7th from Tweet Button
- RT @mqtodd: Add Your Google +1 To Any Website – Official Button http://t.co/M3Utg32i via @nakeva
1:53 AM Dec 7th from Triberr
- RT @TheTop10Blog: A Blog is NOT Optional: Whatcha’ waiting for? Start #Blogging. http://t.co/ZtGxAUvV via @AniseSmith
1:53 AM Dec 7th from Tweet Button
- RT @AronStevenson: I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/5Dqw6ZCw The Flinch – Julien Smith
1:54 AM Dec 7th from Google
- RT @DashBurst: 70% of Americans Have No Idea What Geolocation Apps Are http://t.co/Iq9jxae3
1:55 AM Dec 7th from Buffer
- RT @Minervity: The Most Innovative & Disruptive Tech Companies [Infographic] – http://t.co/kheM5yY7
1:55 AM Dec 7th from Rebel Tweet
- RT @krynsky: Flipboard on iPhone is nice but 3.5″ too small for my middle age vision issues. Hope next iPhone goes bigger or I may be headed to Android.
1:56 AM Dec 7th from TweetDeck
- RT @WeejeeMedia: Facebook Reveals 2011′s Most-Popular Status Trends http://t.co/K4AB61YK
1:57 AM Dec 7th from HootSuite
- RT @marketingm8: I gave Kred a K+ on Klout! http://t.co/soxS9ZTv Check out Kred!
1:57 AM Dec 7th from Tweet Button
- RT @RonaldYau: Brian Solis on Five Common Social Media Mistakes and How to Avoid Them http://t.co/rgwLzOb1
1:58 AM Dec 7th from MarketMeSuite
- RT @sarahkayhoffman: Here’s A Shortcut For Editing Facebook @ Tags http://t.co/yXj8MTUZ
1:58 AM Dec 7th from Flipboard
- The @RLavigne42 Tweet Round-Up is out! http://t.co/iS2LjMaS ▸ Top stories today via @recruiterblog @devincf
12:31 PM Dec 7th from Paper.li
- @betseymerkel @webmetricsguru @smanalyticsbook thanks for sharing the review Betsey. Having Marshall also engaging, makes it a fun process
15:31 PM Dec 7th from web
- @Williams_Fresh @Steph__Paige that is the type of engagement on twitter that I love to see. Well done Williams in dealing with this.
15:33 PM Dec 7th from web
- Great coffee chat with @SteadyStateRace & @2020lifeline at @Williams_Fresh in #Brantford. FYI Williams should monitor Bill’s Foursquare 😉
15:34 PM Dec 7th from web
- RT @ozsultan: The 5 Best Features of the Xbox 360 Dashboard Update http://t.co/Q1fvGLdC
15:34 PM Dec 7th from HootSuite
- Time for another live podcast with fellow #BRANTS (@ Blue Dog Coffee Roasters) http://t.co/PmiPIsrx
18:06 PM Dec 7th from foursquare
- Business must be booming at @bluedogcoffee to turn away the repeat weekly business of 15 people. This coming from an advocate (no more!).
21:14 PM Dec 7th from web
- @Williams_Fresh happy to assist
21:15 PM Dec 7th from web
- @gdiver62 The sad reality of them not having a clue about Social CRM or even monitoring Twitter. Tweet says it all http://t.co/e85Rhg9O
21:20 PM Dec 7th from web Continue reading
The 2009 Toronto Information Overload Awareness Day event was my first exposure to the Pecha Kucha presentation format (20 slides, 20 seconds per slide).
The Pecha Kucha format originated as a fast-paced and time-boxed means for designers to present their creative ideas. The name originates from the Japanese term for “chit-chat”. Since its first usage in 2003, the format has spread virally and has spawned Pecha Kucha nights in over 200 cities world wide.
The Pecha Kucha format is very similar to the Ignite presentation format (20 slides, 15 seconds per slide) currently sponsored and hosted by O’Reilly. Unlike Pecha Kucha, which tends to be geared towards Architects and members of the creative community, the Ignite format is more common amongst the technologist community.
Due to the time-boxed nature of these presentation formats, the information is often presented at a medium to high level with detailed discussions taking place in the form of either a networking session or an expanded session.
Both of these formats in my opinion make for a great addition to the Enterprise 2.0 model for business. Like Daily Stand-up meetings, this presentation format provides for a very focused distribution of content. Its time-boxed nature keeps the interest level of the audience at a heightened state for its duration.
My Thoughts Enclosed…Rb