So here are some questions to benchmark existing processes and see how much they align with Enterprise 2.0 principles :
- Do they encourage cross-organisational interactions ?
- How aligned are they with your business objectives ?
- How much noise/complexity do the tools used bring to these processes ?
- What was the main motive behind the solution choice ? IT Strategy or usability / productivity ?
- How were they define ? Were they imposed in a top-bottom way ? Or did they emerge as healthy practices from the bottom up ?
- How can we measure their efficiency ? Is it actually measured and monitored ?
- Are they immutable ? Are they updated/modified/improved with user Feedback ?
- Do they make any sense ? Are employees/users able to explain how their contribution through these processes align with the company strategy ?
- Are they agile ? Do they strive for simplicity rather than creating systems that manage complexity ?
- Are we trying to achieve Enterprise 2.0 or helping Enterprise 1.0 being more efficient ?
- Do they provide employees with visibility on their work ? Can they contribute and get reward for it, can they build internal reputation on their contribution ?
- Are they built around pre-defined structure ? Do they leave room for unstructured data ?