Remember, IT failure is a common experience. Every major enterprise, software vendor, and system integrator has experienced failure. It’s high time we learned to discuss failure openly and honestly.
Great statement by Michael Krigsman.
Elyse Nielsen discusses the difficulty of even defining IT project success or failure.
Her post then presents five common reasons projects fail:
1) The wrong business need has been addressed
2) The business case is a fairy tale and outcome delivery is a dream
3) Project Goverance has not been define or implemented
4) Execution is heralded by Hail Mary Passes
5) The business environment changes