Here are some ways to demonstrate true helpfulness to others:
- People throw questions out there all the time. Answer them or refer them to somebody who can.
- Build your own tribe. Reach out to the real people on Twitter, don’t just kiss the ass of the A-List bloggers. Are those folks really going to deliver business benefits to you? Doubtful unless you are another A-List blogger. Just the way it is.
- Read people’s profiles. Visit their websites, read their blogs and comment. You can almost always find something in common with them and this shows you are genuinely interested. And you should be!
This applies to more than just Twitter.
“How do I increase my influence on Twitter?”
1) Build targeted connections.
2) Provide meaningful content.
3) Provide authentic helpfulness.